Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Hurricane Florence Hit Special Areas To Me


The last two weeks have been hard on me to the extent that this hurricane/storm hit a part of the United states that is very special to me.

That would be the North Carolina coastal area ab well as into South Carolina.

Plus, I have relatives living there still, including cousins, nephews, nieces and my brother.  Goldsboro was hard hit and that is where my brother and I were born and we spent many times at both grandparents homes (in Goldsboro and Mt. Olive, N.C.) and then my parents bought my mom's house and lived in it until their deaths.

Plus, my mom had a condo on the second row of Topsail Beach, North Carolina.  In addition, Carolina Beach was the vacation spot we went to for so many years as we grew up.  (Mom's parents even owned a cottage on the ocean there until Hurricane Hazel came through in 1954.)

And, Liz and I used to spend a lot of vacations in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

I tell you, that storm really hit home.

--RoadDog

No comments: