The good folks at List Universe, on April 15th, had another one of their lists, this time about things people think they know about Britain.
10. British Nation-- actually quite a few parts like Wales, Scotland, England, and Northern Ireland.
9. Warm Beer-- not really. When I was there, you got cool to cold beer. However, they are very stingy on ice cubes for drinks.
8. British people have bad teeth
7. God Save the Queen is not the national anthem of England
6. The Queen (or king) is ruler. I think most Americans know this. The prime minister is the boss.
5. Speak the Queen's English-- In parts of London, English is a second, third, or fourth language. After all, folks from all over the former English Empire live there.
4. Free Universal Health care
3. Scottish money legal tender all over Britain. Boy, the US dollar isn't worth much against the pound. Last time I was there, a three pound pint was $6 US!! Can't drink much at that price.
2. It always rains in Britain. It rains a lot, but not always. The last time there, we had quite the dry, sunny, and HOT weather.
1. British people drink excessive amounts of tea. No more tea than Americans drink coffee. speaking of which, time for another cup.
Stuff You Didn't Know. --RoadDog
FUN STUFF TO DO ON AN ELEVATOR:
Lay down a Twister mat and ask people if they'd like to play.
Ask if you can push the buttons for other people, then push the wrong buttons.
Another Thomas Chambers Marine Painting-- Part 5:
20 hours ago