Movie Scratches-- Movies I Have Seen At the Theater This Year.
5. 1917-- 1-23-- Fox Lake, $6-- Trenches, rats, planes, snipers and the horrors of war. What more could a guy want?
6. JOJO RABBIT-- 1-27-- Fox Lake, $6-- A unique movie set in the waning days of Nazi Germany. Humorous, sad and horrible at the same time. And, the pretend Hitler.
7. 1917-- 1-28-- A day in the life and what a day. What a way to deliver the mail. Gives new credence to that old saying about the mailmen and delivery. One of those movies you just have to see on the big screen twice.
8. STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER-- 1-28-- Fox Lake, $5-- "Rea, I am your grandfather. You are a Palpatine Sith. YUCK!!!
Love Those New Seats in the Classic Cinemas Fox Lake Theatre. --RoadDog
RANDOM ANIMAL THOUGHTS ( From the Orange Peel Gazette) DOG:: "They keep putting the lid down on the big water bowl."
Singer, songwriter. Worked with Dusty Springfield.
A real one-hit-wonder with the song "Walking My Cat Named Dog" (#22-1966). Hit #22 in UK and #3 in Canada. The idea for the song came from when she was living in New York City in an apartment building that didn't allow dogs. So, she kept a cat instead and name it "Dog." She took the cat out for walks.
I don't know, I once tried to take the family cat out for a walk and didn't have much luck. The leash just didn't work.
The murderer came into Cole Hall, a massive lecture hall at approximately 3:05 CST and began his killing and wounding. There were 120 students in there and by the time he killed himself, five students were dead.
It is now 2:55 pm, so just about the correct time that long ago.
We were at K.C.'s Cabin in Spring Grove, Illinois, having dinner when we saw what looked like NIU's campus on TV. The sound was down but eventually they had a caption at the bottom saying what had happened.
We saw it at the same time as another couple who really got worried because their daughter was there. Fortunately she was okay as she called them soon after we saw it. We also had a friend by the name of Gayle who was a grad student there, but we found out she was alright as well.
We'll be wearing our NIU clothes today with the black ribbons showing out support and memories.
Well,I decided to go ahead and watch the Academy Awards show on Sunday, despite the fact I hadn't seen four of the movies nominated for Best Picture, nor but 2 of 5 Best Directors. one Best Actor, one Best Actress, none of the Best Supporting Actors and 3 of 5 Best Supporting Actress and just one of the five Best Animated Features.
I did not see Best Picture nominees:
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood
I wish I had seen "Parasite" as this foreign film did very well, winning Best Picture, Best Director and a whole bunch of others. I think if they had had best Actors and Actresses as well as supporting ones, they would have won those as well.
And, I had an opportunity to see it this past week at my local theater, but decided against it as it was all subtitled and even a real little bit of those subtitles goes a long way with me.
But generally, I find that all the films nominated for Best Picture are good ones.
Congrats to "Parasite." Maybe I'll get A Chance to See It Some Time. --RoadSite
TAX FACTS: 60% of taxpayers must hire a professional to get through their own return.
10. ARIZONA-- Mark Lindsay #10
9. WITHOUT LOVE-- Tom Jones #5
8. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN-- Dionne Warwick #6
7. IF I NEVER KNEW YOUR NAME-- Vic Dana #47
6. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER-- Simon & Garfunkel #1
5. WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN / TRAVELIN' BAND-- Creedence Clearwater Revival #2
4. PSYCHEDELIC SHACK-- Temptations #7
3. HEY THERE LONELY GIRL-- Eddie Holman #2
2. NO TIME-- Guess Who #5
1. THANK YOU-- Sly & Family Stone #1
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "Good Men Through the Ages, Trying To Find the Sun." Answer below. --RoadDog