Wednesday, January 31, 2018
14. From 2011 to 2013 the company plans to open one restaurant a day in China.
15. McDonald's makes deliveries in 18 countries.
16. The only place in the lower 48 states more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota. (A long way to go for your Big Mac attack.)
17. Americans consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year which cost some five and a half million cattle the ultimate sacrifice.
That's a Lot of Beef. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him." Sounds on purpose to me.
Monday, January 29, 2018
1. BEND ME, SHAPE ME-- American Breed A Chicago group.
2. GREEN TAMBORINE-- Lemon Pipers
3. JUDY IN DISGUISE-- John Fred
4. I WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING-- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart
5. GOING OUT OF MY HEAD-- Lettermen
6. LOVE IS BLUE-- Paul Mauriat
7. TO GIVE-- Frankie Valli
8. CHAIN OF FOOLS-- Aretha Franklin
9. WOMAN, WOMAN-- Union Gap
10. SUSAN-- Buckinghams Chicago group
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "You're Just Too Good To Be True.." Answer Below. --RoadDoh
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."
"Going Out Of My head"
Friday, January 26, 2018
Artists connected to these songs died in 2017. Check my Music Deaths 2017 label below for them.
These were played on Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Show on Chicago's WDRV 97.1 FM, the Drive Jan. 21,
NA NA HEY HEY (KISS HIM GOODBYE)-- Steam
EVERYBODY PLAYS THE FOOL-- Main Ingredient (This song always brings me back to my college days at NIU.)
GALVESTON-- Glen Campbell
LONG LONESOME HIGHWAY-- Michael Parks
ONE FINE MORNING-- Lighthouse
FLIRTIN' WITH DISASTER-- Molly Hatchett
REELIN' IN THE YEARS-- Steely Dan
CALL ON ME-- Chicago
LAKE SHORE DRIVE-- Alliota, Haynes & Jeremiah
YOU'RE STILL A YOUNG MAN-- Tower of Power
FRIDAY ON MY MIND-- Easybeats
GOIN' BACK TO MIAMI-- Wayne Cochran & the CC Riders
YOU AND I WILL MEET AGAIN-- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "I Still See Her Standing By the Water." Answer Below. --RoadDog
10. In 1969, they airlifted burgers to homesick Olympic athletes in France.
11. A survey shows golden arches are recognized by more people than the cross, 88& to 54% according to Fast Food Nation.
12. The Queen of England owns a retail park in Slough, which has a drive-thru McDonald's.
13. The Egg McMuffin was modeled on Eggs Benedict and was invented to introduce breakfast by Herb Peterson in 1972.
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle."
Thursday, January 25, 2018
As I start another year of going to the movies.
Movie Scratches-- A Dog's Eye View of Today's Movies Seen in the Theaters.
1. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI-- 1-8-- Fox Lake, $6-- Ben Solo sure looks a lot like Harry Potter's Professor Snape.
2. THE DARKEST HOUR-- 1-9-- Fox Lake, $5-- Winston Churchill at his best. An amazing man. Should win Oscar for Best Actor.
3. THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI-- 1-22-- Fox Lake, $6-- It really hits the fan when those billboards went up. Some very interesting characters. Way too much obscene language. I can see why it is mentioned for Best Picture and Woody Harrelson for Best Actor.
4. THE POST-- 1-23-- Fox Lake, $5-- Breaking the Pentagon Papers. Doing the right thing can be really dangerous.
Just Gotta Love Those Content Shows Before the Movie Starts. Almost All Commercials. --RoadDog
These are artists and people associated with the songs who died last year. See the Music Deaths 2017 label for a list of them.
HEAT OF THE MOMENT-- Asia
JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME-- April Wine
TIME WON'T LET ME-- Outsiders
ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN-- Chuck Berry
LOOKING FOR A LOVE-- J. Geils Band
UPTIGHT (EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT)-- Stevie Wonder
IT'S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP-- AC/DC
BLUEBERRY HILL-- Fats Domino
GOING TO A GO-GO-- Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
BLUES FOR MY BABY AND ME-- Elton John
I THINK I LOVE YOU-- Partridge Family
EVERLASTING LOVE-- Robert Knight
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "I'm Gonna Write a Letter, Gonna Mail It To My Local D.J.." Answer below. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
"Roll Over Beethoven"
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
From the January 21, 2017, Rock and Roll Roots Show by Bob Stroud on WDRV 97.1 FM Chicago, The Drive.
Every January, Bob Stroud goes back over music deaths from the previous year and devotes a Rock and Roll Roots show to them.
Unfortunately, I was on the road back from North Carolina and missed it. These are songs by artists and also people in the band or involved in making the song. Since I didn't hear the show, there are several I am not sure about who died.
But, you can click on the Music Deaths 2017 label below this post for a complete list of those who died.
IT'S SO EASY-- Buddy Holly
EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART-- Soul Survivors
ALL THE YOUNG DUDES-- Mott the Hoople
BREAKUP SONG-- Greg Kihn
WHIPPING POST-- Allman Brothers Band
BLACK HEARTED WOMAN-- Allman Brothers Band
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "I've Been Tryin' To Get To You For A Long Time." Answer Below. --RoadDog
"Expressway To Your Heart"
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
1. BEND ME, SHAPE ME-- American Breed (Chicago group)
2. JUDY IN DISGUISE-- John Fred
3. GREEN TAMBOURINE-- Lemon Pipers
4. WOMAN WOMAN-- Union Gap
5. CHAIN OF FOOLS-- Aretha Franklin
6. SUSAN-- Buckinghams
7. TO GIVE-- Frankie Valli
8. WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING TONIGHT-- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart
9. SKIP-A-ROPE-- Henson Cargill
10. GOING OUT OF MY HEAD-- Lettermen
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "If I Had Told Her That I Loved Her She Would Have Stayed Till Who Knows When." Answer Below. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I was unable to stop in time, and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries."
"Wonder What She's Doing Tonight"
DENISE LaSALLE, 78
Died January 8, 2018
R&B and Blues singer most famous for her "Trapped By a Thing Called Love" (#13 Pop #1 R&B- 1971.
I have a bunch of her albums and and can still hear Chicago's late great Mr. A introducing her songs.
What a voice.
These are from the oldiesmusicnews site.
RICK HALL, 85.
Died January 2, 2018
Muscle Shoals producer and recording studio owner, responsible for what became known as "The Muscle Shoals Sound."
Among those who recorded at his FAME studios were Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Little Richard, Arthur Alexander and Etta James.
Now, that IS SOUL!!!
Monday, January 22, 2018
10. BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY-- Fantastic Johnny C #7 His biggest hit of four Top 100s. Born Johnny Corley in 1943.
9. CHAIN OF FOOLS-- Aretha Franklin #2
8. SUMMER RAIN-- Johnny Rivers #14
7. SKIP A ROPE-- Henson Cargill #25 Country singer
6. DAYDREAMING BELIEVER-- Monkees (Oops) #1
5. SUSAN-- Buckinghams #11
4. WOMAN, WOMAN-- Union Gap #4
3. GREEN TAMBOURINE-- Lemon Pipers #1
2. JUDY IN DISGUISE-- John Fred #1
1. DAYDREAMING BELIEVER-- Actually the #1 song was "BEND ME, SHAPE ME". by the American Breed.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "West Wind Soft As a Sweet Dream." Answer Below. --RoadDog
Friday, January 19, 2018
15. I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE-- Gladys Knight #2 Gladys Knight & the Pips. Her first Top Ten since "Every Beat of My Heart" in 1961. #1 R&B for six weeks.
14. AM I THAT EASY TO FORGET-- Engelbert Humperdink #18 #1 Adult Contemporary. #9 Country hit for Carl Belew in 1959.
13. TO GIVE-- Frankie Valli-- #29 Full title "To Give (The Reason I Live)"
12. HELLO GOODBYE-- Beatles #1 Of course.
11. IF I COULD BUILD MY WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU-- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell. #10 One of three Top Tens they had together.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "I Bet You're Wondering How I Knew." Answer Below. --RoadDog
"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
20. DIFFERENT DRUM-- Stone Poneys #13 Well, Linda Ronstadt of course. Written by Michael Nesmith.
19. EVERYBODY KNOWS-- Dave Clark Five #43 Their last Top 100 song. They had 24 Top 100s during their career.
18. THERE IS-- Dells #20 R&B group from Harvey, Illinois.
17. I WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING TONIGHT-- Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart #8 Top songwriting duo/ production team. Wrote "Pretty Little Angel Eyes."
16. WHO WILL ANSWER-- Ed Ames #19 One of the Ames Brothers.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "If I Had Told Her That I Love Her." Answer below. --RoadDog
"I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight"
Thursday, January 11, 2018
25. EXPLOSION-- Soul Survivors #33 Full name "Explosion (In Your Heart)" Follow up to their biggest hit "Expressway (To Your Heart). Sure sounds a lot like "Expressway."
24. TELL MAMA-- Etta James #23 Her biggest pop hit. R&B pioneer.
23. JUST AS MUCH AS EVER-- Bobby Vinton #24 Born Stanley Robert Vinton in 1935.
22. GOING OUT OF MY HEAD-- Lettermen #7 Their biggest hit out of 20 Top 100s.
21. IT'S WONDERFUL-- Young Rascals #20 Their last song as the Young Rascals. Just Rascals after that.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "You're Just Too Good To Be True.' Answer below. --RoadDog
"Going Out Of My Head"
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
30. NEW ORLEANS-- Neil Diamond #51 Born Noah Kaminsky in Brooklyn, 1941.
29. SPOOKY-- Classics IV #3 Their first hit Quintet from Jacksonville, Florida.
28. TOMORROW-- Strawberry Alarm Clock #23 A real good song clocking in at 2:15. Keeping that psychedelic sound going after their first hit #1 "Incense & Peppermints."
27. SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE-- Cream #5 Their first hit. British supergroup.
26. I SECOND THAT EMOTION-- Smokey Robinson & the Miracles #4 First Top Ten after Smokey stepped out front. #1 song R&B for one week.
Name That Tune (from the above songs: "It's Getting Near Dawn When Lights Close Their Tired Eyes." Answer Below. --RoadDog
"Sunshine of Your Love"
5, McDonald's hires about 1 million workers a year. Their work force has about a 150% turnover.
6. Has 761,000 employees world wide, more than the population of Luxembourg.
7. According to company estimates, 1 in 8 Americans have worked there.
8. Sharon Stone, Shania Twain, Jay Leno and Pink have worked there.
9. They have the largest distribution of toys with one included in 20% of sales.
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Now that it is over, I can write about it. I usually don't write about teams I like while they are still playing because that is bad luck, the kiss of death. This year it didn't matter as my team, University of Georgia, lost last night. But i wasn't taking chances.
That Rose Bowl game that Georgia won last Monday was one of the best games I ever watched. It had it all. The highs and lows. And then, winning in triple overtime like that. Wow.
And things were sure looking good in the first half last night with Georgia leading 13-0 at the end. Sadly, one more touchdown and then the offense disappeared. And, the defense wasn't much better.
The Alabama coach did the surprising removal of his starting qb to put in a freshman. Georgia was not ready to play him. I wish more coaches would pull their starting qb when he even isn't performing or the other team has his number.
And, then Alabama missed that winning field goal as time expired. Then, in overtime, the Georgia field goal kicker made that long one to go up by three.
Could the two announcers say freshman or true freshman anymore times. Seemed like every other word at times.
Oh well, that was a good game, regardless of who won.
I don't like Alabama very much, especially since they have so many national championships, but the Alabama fans paid me the greatest compliment ever when we were at the GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile back in 2011 and they told me, when they saw me wearing my Northern Illinois gear, "We remember you guys. You beat us!" We did beat them when they were ranked back in 2002. NIU's all-time record against Alabama is 1-0!!!
Go Dawgs. --RoadDog
From WLS OldiesLoon site.
From fifty years ago, the Top 40 Songs in Chicago on WLS 890 AM. (D) is for debut songs. The number after the artist is the highest the song got on the Billboard national charts.
40. ITCHY COO PARK-- Small Faces (D) #16 One of just two top 100s. Became Faces in after Steve Marriott left to form Humble Pie. I really like this song a lot.
39. COME SEE ABOUT ME-- Jr. Walker & the All Stars (D) #24 R&B group formed in South Bend, Indiana. Their take on an old Supremes song.
38. I WISH IT WOULD RAIN-- Temptations (D) #4 Its "B" side made the R&B charts at #41 and Bubbled Under on the pop charts.
37. BABY, NOW THAT I FOUND YOU-- Foundations #11 British interracial R&B group.
36. I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE YOUR LOVIN'-- Herman's Hermits #22 Their last Top 40 song. Produced by Mickey Most.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "Build My World Around You, I Need You So." Answer below. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had fractured my skull." I sure hate when that happens.
"Baby, Now That I Found You"
Monday, January 8, 2018
35. NOBODY BUT ME-- Human Beinz #8 As fine of garage rock as you're gonna get. Rock band from Youngstown, Ohio. One of two top 100s, the other "Turn On Your Love Light (#80--1968)
34. ZABADACK-- Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich #52 Go figure out that group name. English quintet.
33. LOVE IS BLUE-- Paul Mauriat (D) #1 French conductor/arranger. His biggest hit.
32. WE CAN FLY-- Cowsills #21 Follow up to "The Rain, The Park & Other Things." 2:16 minutes.
31. THERE WAS A TIME-- James Brown (D) #36 The Godfather's next song out was "I Got the Feelin'" (#6-1968)
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "Shing-A-Ling, Skate, Boogaloo, Philly." Answer below. --RoadDog
"Nobody Bur Me"
14. From 2011 to 2013, the goal was to open one restaurant a day in China.
15. McDonald's makes deliveries in 18 countries.
16. The only place in the lower 48 states more than a 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in North Dakota.
17. Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a
year. This equals five and half head of cattle.
Lots of Cows. --RoadDog
1. JUDY IN DIGUISE-- John Fred
2. BEND ME, SHAPE ME-- American Breed
3. GREEN TAMBOURINE-- Lemon Pipers
4. WOMAN, WOMAN-- Union Gap
5. DAYDREAM BELIEVER-- Monkees
6. BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY-- Fantastic Johnny C
7. SUSAN-- Buckinghams
8. SKIP-A-ROPE-- Hensen Cargill
9. WHO WILL ANSWER-- EdAmes
10. HELLO GOODBYE-- Beatles
Name That Tune from the above songs): "Oh I Could Hide 'Neath the Wings Of the Bluebird As She Sings.: Answer below. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."
JANUARY 6, SATURDAY
Drove to Menard's in Volo and bought little containers of two-cycle oil for the snowthrower.
Of course, what better way to spend a cold January afternoon than sitting at the Legion and watching the Neil Rose Band play from 3 to 6 pm. Lots of blues and oldies music. We sat with Kora, Glenn and Barb and the dancing couple.
Came home and enjoyed Margaritaville and the Ultimate Jukebox.
JANUARY 7, SUNDAY
Lots of cold-related fun today. The Dodge Dakota has been outside in the cold the last several weeks and will not start because of a dead battery. I was going to use my starter, but it was blocked in by the '85 Firebird, which also wouldn't start with a dead battery.
Normally, I would just push it back, but a tire is about flat and I couldn't do that. So I couldn't jump the Firebird to get it started so I could move it and get to the truck.
Then, I couldn't get the snowthrower/blower started. Some days it just doesn't pay to get up.
I did unplug all the outside Christmas lights and shovel some of the driveway as we finally broke this streak of ten straight days where we didn't get over 20 degrees.
Enjoyed the happy hour at Sunnyside and watchedWildcard games.
Sunday, January 7, 2018
The Class of 2018 was announced December 13, 2017.
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Induction will be April 14, 2018, in Cleveland.
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
From the December 7, 2012 Yahoo! Finance Business Insider by Gus Lubin and Manmta Badkar.
1. Sells more than 75 hamburgers every second.
2. 68 million eat at McDonald's per day. That is 1% of the world's population.
3. $27 billion in revenue makes it the 90th economy in the world.
4. The $8.7 billion in revenue from franchise stores alone makes McDonald's the richer than Mongolia.
And, There's More. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
Saturday, January 6, 2018
This has been some serious c-o-l-d this past week.
JANUARY 4, THURSDAY-- Fed the birdies for first time in weeks. between the extreme cold outside and the flu or whatever I had, better to just stay inside. Found out the truck battery bit the dust in the severe cold as it is outside.
Went over to Kevin and Kelly's bar at their house Kelly makes her own beer. I love craft beer.
JANUARY 5, FRIDAY-- Did some shopping and then went to Lake Geneva where Liz and I had the fish fry at Popeye's (not the fried chicken place). Popeye's is located right across the street from frozen Geneva Lake and the Riviera. We used Liz's $20 off birthday coupon. They have one of the best fish fries anywhere.
Later, we went to the Legion, met the Usual Suspects, and had the 50-50.
When we got home, we found that we couldn't open the garage with the opener and then realized that the electricity to the house was off. That really made our night. Fortunately, the gas company had it fixed thirty minutes later. You don't want to be without electricity on a cold night like this.
Could've Been a Really Cold Night Inside. --RoadDog
Well, this new year has certainly started off cold here in the Midwest. But, it is even cold in the South and the poor Northeast really got pounded with that storm.
JANUARY 1, MONDAY-- We celebrated an early New Year's Eve at the Fox Lake, Illinois, American Legion yesterday with toasts at 4 p.m., our kind of celebraton anymore.
Today we met Kevin and Kelly at J's in Ingleside for half price pizza, $1.50 pints and NTN. We did quite well at NTN/Buzztime with five Top Twenties. Watched that great Georgia-Oklahoma game there and at home in Margaritaville.
JANUARY 2, TUESDAY-- Stayed home because of the cold and we're both recovering from the flu thing going around. Met Kora at Sunnyside for a few.
JANUARY 3, WEDNESDAY--
Went to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, and met Kevin and Kelly for drinks and 50 cent jumbo wings.
On the way home, we stopped at a new place that opened yesterday in Spring Grove, Illinois, (where we live) called Bricks & Ivy (a take on Wrigley Field). The building has been about four different places over the last years, MVPs, Dill Pickle, 21st Amendment and Spring Grove Tavern. Let's hope this one takes.
We saw that Tommy's, right down US-12, had reopened and stopped for a couple more. They just opened today. So, we were first-nighters.
Here's Hoping the Two New Bar/Restaurants Make It. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached the intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."
Friday, January 5, 2018
Movie Scratches-- Movies I saw at the theater in 2017
53. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE-- 11-10-- Fox Lake, free-- We're just not taking care of our veterans with problems when they get home.
54. DADDY'S HOME 2-- 11-14-- Woodstock, $5-- This time the two Dads battle their Fathers and Adriana.
55. MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS-- 12-7-- Fox Lake, $6-- Whodunit? Everybody had a motive. Everybody could have done it and the world's UGLIEST-ever mustache.
Another Year Done Gone. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS-- "I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
Thursday, January 4, 2018
And, as bad as NIU is at bowl games, the whole Mid-American Conference is fairly futile in bowl games. Northern's sad effort this past week ended the MAC at 1-4 in bowl games. That was one more win than in 2016 when teams went a combined 0-6.
2016 Bowl Games
Well, at least the scores were mostly close.
Camelia Bowl Toledo lost to Appalachian State 31-28
Miami Beach Bowl-- Central Michigan lost 55-10
Dollar General Bowl-- Ohio lost 28-23
Bahamas Bowl-- Eastern Michigan lost 24-20
St. Petersburg Bowl-- Miami lost 17-16 to Mississippi State
Cotton Bowl-- Western Michigan lost to Wisconsin 24-16
2017 Bowl Games
Boca Raton Bowl-- Akron lost to FAU 50-3
Famous Potato Bowl-- Central Michigan lost to Wyoming 37-14
Dollar General Bowl-- Toledo lost to Appalachian State 34-0
Bahamas Bowl-- Ohio lost to UAB 41-6
Quick Lube Bowl-- Northern lost to Duke 36-14
A Record of Futility. --RoadSad
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
After sitting through the latest debacle of Northern Illinois' football team, all I can say is, "Please, No More Bowl Games!!"
Northern was dominated and thrashed by a so-so Duke team 36-14 to finish the season 8-5 after losing three of the last four games it played. Other than one brief exciting three minutes when Northern scored twice on some great plays to tie the game at 14, it was horrible.
Northern has won just two of its last ten bowl games and have been absolutely blown out in the last three.
2006 Poinsettia Bowl Lost TCU 37-7
2008 Independence Bowl Lost Louisiana Tech 17-10
2009 International Bowl Lost South Florida 27-3
2010 Humanitarian Bowl-- Won Fresno State 40-17
2011 Go Daddy Bowl-- Won Arkansas State 38-20
2012 Orange Bowl-- Lost Florida State 31-10
2013 Poinsettia Bowl-- Lost to Utah State 21-14
2014 Boca Raton Bowl-- Lost Marshall 52-23
2015 Poinsettia Bowl-- Lost Boise State 55-7
2017 Quick Lube Bowl-- Lost Duke 33-14
I Am a Huskie Fan, But This Is Just Too Sad. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal.
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Movie Scratches-- Movies I saw at the theater in 2017.
49. AMERICAN MADE-- 11-2-- Fox Lake, $6-- A CIA, drug cartel, gun-running romp through the 70s and 80s.
50. GEOSTORM-- 11-2-- Fox Lake, $6-- "Dutch Boy" goes awry with frozen people in Afghanistan and Rio, Burns to Hong Kong and Moscow
51. THOR: RAGNAROK-- 11-8-- Woodstock, $6-- Thor and Loki's sister is a real mean gal as in the fire devil.
52. BAD MOMS CHRISTMAS-- 11-8-- Woodstock, $6-- Moms having problems with their moms at Christmas.
Long Lines Just Before Your Movie Starts. --RoadDog
ACCIDENT REPORTS: "The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."
Died November 21, 2017
Teen heart throb on "The Partridge Family." He and stepmother Shirley Jones were the only members who actually sang. The popular TV series was on from 1970-1974 and based on the Cowsills.
"I Think I Love You" (#1-1970)
"Doesn't Somebody Want To be Wanted" (#6-1970)
"I'll Meet You Halfway" (#9-1971)
"I Woke Up In Love This Morning" (#13-1971)
As a solo act he had "Cherish" (#9-1971) His stepbrother Shaun Cassidy had three top tens in 1977.
KEELY SMITH, 89
Died December 116, 2017
Singer with Louis Prima, whom she also married. Had one Top 100 song, "That Old Black Magic" (#18-1958).
But, the two of them had a lot of great songs before rock and roll, especially that "Just a Giggilo/I Ain't Got Nobody."
Monday, January 1, 2018
Today marks the beginning of my 12th year of doing this blog. It started when I couldn't get back into my first blog, RoadDog's RoadLog Blog and I was testing to see if I could find a way. Turned out to be a good move as the first one was nothing buy old roads, I have many more interests than that.
This one became one for music, history and what I was doing. I have since spun the history aspect into other blogs (too many of them, though).
Last year I posted 508 times to this blog and this is the 5,880th article since 2007.
Must Find Something Else to Do With My Time. --RoadDog