Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

WLS Top 40 for January 15, 1968-- Part 1: "Itchy Coo Park"


From WLS OldiesLoon site.

From fifty years ago, the Top 40 Songs in Chicago on WLS 890 AM.  (D) is for debut songs.  The number after the artist is the highest the song got on the Billboard national charts.

40.  ITCHY COO PARK--  Small Faces    (D)  #16  One of just two top 100s.  Became Faces in after Steve Marriott left to form Humble Pie.  I really like this song a lot.

39.  COME SEE ABOUT ME--  Jr. Walker & the All Stars   (D)   #24  R&B group formed in South Bend, Indiana.  Their take on an old Supremes song.

38.  I WISH IT WOULD RAIN--  Temptations  (D)   #4   Its "B" side made the R&B charts at #41 and Bubbled Under on the pop charts.

37.  BABY, NOW THAT I FOUND YOU--  Foundations   #11  British interracial R&B group.

36.  I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE YOUR LOVIN'--     Herman's Hermits  #22  Their last Top 40 song.  Produced by Mickey Most.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Build My World Around You, I Need You So."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

ACCIDENT REPORTS:  "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had fractured my skull."    I sure hate when that happens.

"Baby, Now That I Found You"


No comments: