Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 8, 2018

This Week, Or, How to Survive the Cold-- Part 3: A Band and the Joy of Having Cars


JANUARY 6, SATURDAY

Drove to Menard's in Volo and bought little containers of two-cycle oil for the snowthrower.

Of course, what better way to spend a cold January afternoon than sitting at the Legion and watching the Neil Rose Band play from 3 to 6 pm.  Lots of blues and oldies music.  We sat with Kora, Glenn and Barb and the dancing couple.

Came home and enjoyed Margaritaville and the Ultimate Jukebox.

JANUARY 7, SUNDAY

Lots of cold-related fun today.  The Dodge Dakota has been outside in the cold the last several weeks and will not start because of a dead battery.  I was going to use my starter, but it was blocked in by the '85 Firebird, which also wouldn't start with a dead battery.

Normally, I would just push it back, but a tire is about flat and I couldn't do that.  So I couldn't jump the Firebird to get it started so I could move it and get to the truck.

Then, I couldn't get the snowthrower/blower started.  Some days it just doesn't pay to get up.

I did unplug all the outside Christmas lights and shovel some of the driveway as we finally broke this streak of ten straight days where we didn't get over 20 degrees.

Enjoyed the happy hour at Sunnyside and watchedWildcard games.

--RoadDog

No comments: