Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Deejaying Tomorrow

And I sure hope I remember how to do it. The last time I deejayed was for this party a year ago.

When we got back from Florida, I had to take the equipment out to make sure it still worked before taking the job to deejay the St. Patrick's Parade party at George's Cedar Inn on Lake Villa, Illinois.

Hey, this deejay still uses cassette tapes so I'm just a little behind. Just a wee bit.

Last night and today, I recorded a cassette tape of Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys and Mumford & Sons for a new slant on Irish music. I've gotten into these bands in the last year.

I no longer deejay, but told George that as long as he'd have me or the equipment worked, I do his party. I've been doing it the last 15 or 16 years. I don't charge him either.

Here's hoping I remember how to deejay after this long layoff.

By Tomorrow, I'll be REAL Tired of Irish Music. --RoadDog


MAXINE SAYS: I have a degree in Liberal Arts. Would you like fries with that?

No comments: