Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Over in England March 1965

From Dave McAleer's Book of Hit Singles.

We've taken a look at the songs playing in Chicago back in March 1965. Over in the UK, the Top Ten Songs for March were.

1. IT'S NOT UNUSUAL-- Tom Jones
2. I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU-- Seekers
3. SILHOUETTES-- Herman's Hermits
4. COME AND STAY WITH ME-- Marianne Faithfull

5. THE LAST TIME-- Rolling Stones
6. I'LL STOP AT NOTHING-- Sandie Shaw
7. I MUST BE SEEING THINGS-- Gene Pitney

8. GAME OF LOVE-- Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders
9. DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD-- Animals
10.YES I WILL-- Hollies

I never heard of 4, 6 and 10.

Others:

TIRED OF WAITING FOR YOU-- Kinks
CONCRETE AND CLAY-- Unit 4 Plus 2

Good Music Back Then. --RoadDog


IRISH MAXINE SAYS: May the wind at your back not be theresult of the corned beef and cabbage you had for lunch.

No comments: