Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Everything You Could Expect-- NCAA Tournament

Sure enjoyed watching parts of those 16 games yesterday. There were those three upsets and eight other close games. Just what I like.

Regardless of my picks, which are generally losers anyway, I pull for the underdogs.

Watched the earlier ones at Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. They had the games on four different TVs, which didn't prove a good way to watch them. You really only got to see the game closest to you.

I found the better way to watch them was at one, watching one TV, and flipping channels when a game got good (meaning close). Watched some of them in Margaritaville, out basement bar and the last ones upstairs in my messy study.

These were GREAT games:

West Virginia 84 Clemson 76 (real close until the fouling began)
Butler 60 Old Dominion 58 (Buzzer-beater)
Morehead State 62 Louisville 61 (who'd have figured this?)

Temple 66 Penn State 64 (didn't get to see it)
Kentucky 59 Princeton 57 (the best game that would have been better had Princeton won)

Richmond 69 Vanderbilt 66
BYU 74 Wofford (close most of game)
Wisconsin 72 Belmont 52 (close until last ten minutes. Took record for players with least amount of tattoos)

Kansas State 73 Utah State 68
UCLA 78 Michigan State 76

Getting My B-Ball On. --RoadDog

IRISH MAXINE SAYS: St. Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland. Wonder if I could get him to stop by my office.

No comments: