Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Where Were You February 6, 1979?-- Part 1

Tomorrow, Bob Stroud Time Warps back to March 6, 1965 and March 6, 1975, so I figure I need to finish up on his last Warp.

Back in 1979, I was teaching social studies, primarily geography. at John T. Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois. We were living at 1013 Morningside in Round Lake Beach (there is also a Round Lake and Round Lake Park.

Liz was teaching at Ellis School where she had just transferred from Beach School, both in the same district we taught in.

All remarks are mine as I did not hear the show as I was in Florida Feb.6th.

TIME PASSAGES-- AL STEWART--
STRANGE WAY-- FIREFALL-- Essentially, a two-hit wonder, but on this most recent Florida trip, I bought their greatest hits album, and really liked most of the songs with their country rock/Eagles sound.

HOT BLOODED-- FOREIGNER-- Or was this Bad Company? I can never keep the two groups apart.
NEW YORK GROOVE-- ACE FREELY-- A Kiss member goes solo.

LOTTA LOVE-- NICOLETTE LARSON--
BICYCLE RACE/FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS-- QUEEN-- I really loved the album pull-out with all those bare girl bottoms on the bikes. Truth in Advertising to the extreme.

More to Come. --RoadDoh (Sorry, Homer!)


MAXINE SAYS: Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder.

No comments: