Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eric Clapton's Sweet Sixteen

This being bracket season and all that, last Sunday, Bob Stroud featured Eric Clapton's Sixteen Biggest-Selling Hits of Eric Clapton, no matter what group he was with. Or, at least I think it was his best-selling hits as I didn't hear the show, being in North Carolina and all. EC-- Eric Clapton

16. TULSA TIME-- EC
15. CROSSROADS-- Cream EC
14. WILLIE & THE HAND JIVE--
13. FOREVER MAN-- EC

12. HELLO OLD FRIEND-- EC
11. AFTER MIDNIGHT-- EC
10. I'VE GOT A ROCK AND ROLL HEART-- EC
9. WONDERFUL TONIGHT-- EC

8. I CAN'T STAND IT-- EC
7. LAYLA-- Derek & the Dominoes
6. PROMISES-- EC
5. WHITE ROOM-- Cream

4. FOR YOUR LOVE-- Yardbirds
3. SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE-- Cream
2. LAY DOWN SALLY-- EC
1. I SHOT THE SHERIFF-- EC

In keeping with the spirit of the b-ball tournament, I'll run the songs like games, with 16 playing 15, 14 playing 13 and so forth to come up with my favorite-ever Eric Clapton song. Hopefully, I'll do better than i did with my basketball picks.

Wait a minute, I'll have to do them #16 vs. #1, #15 vs. #2.

I'll rewrite the pairings.

Shouldn't Have Started This. --RoadDog


WHY TEACHERS LOOK LIKE THAT:
Q. What causes the tides in oceans?
A. The tides are a fight between the earth and the moon. All water tends to flow toward the moon, because there is no water on it, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins the fight.

No comments: