Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

College Football National Championship


Now that it is over, I can write about it.  I usually don't write about teams I like while they are still playing because that is bad luck, the kiss of death.  This year it didn't matter as my team, University of Georgia, lost last night.  But i wasn't taking chances.

That Rose Bowl game that Georgia won last Monday was one of the best games I ever watched.  It had it all.  The highs and lows.  And then, winning in triple overtime like that.  Wow.

And things were sure looking good in the first half last night with Georgia leading 13-0 at the end.  Sadly, one more touchdown and then the offense disappeared.  And, the defense wasn't much better.

The Alabama coach did the surprising removal of his starting qb to put in a freshman.  Georgia was not ready to play him.  I wish more coaches would pull their starting qb when he even isn't performing or the other team has his number.

And, then Alabama missed that winning field goal as time expired.  Then, in overtime, the Georgia field goal kicker made that long one to go up by three.

Could the two announcers say freshman or true freshman anymore times.  Seemed like every other word at times.

Oh well, that was a good game, regardless of who won.

I don't like Alabama very much, especially since they have so many national championships, but the Alabama fans paid me the greatest compliment ever when we were at the GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile back in 2011 and they told me, when they saw me wearing my Northern Illinois gear, "We remember you guys.  You beat us!" We did beat them when they were ranked back in 2002.  NIU's all-time record against Alabama is 1-0!!!

Go Dawgs.  --RoadDog


No comments: