Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Every Blooming THing-- Mid April

April showers (well, and snow on the 3rd) and flowers are blooming.  Especially the dear old dandelions.  What would spring be without the dandies.  Since I haven't used fertilizer or weedkiller in twenty years, I have a bumper crop.

In addition, I must have several hundred daffodills blooming and a hundred hyacinths.  The Bradford pear trees are in their brilliant white bloom as well.  The creeping phlox are in several hues around the yard.  I always try to have something blooming year round.  Here we go again.

Right now I am busy raking leaves out of flower beds and cutting down dead plants.

But, by far, my biggest challenge is the huge burn pile on the southwest corner of the lot.  I hired people to come over and cut down weed trees and clear overgrowth out last summer and that pile is huge.  Way too big to attempt a straight pile burn for fear it will get away from me.

So, I pull things off the pile and burn smaller fires.  This is a very tiring work.  And believe me at age 72 these first days of working out in the yard are getting rougher and rougher.  I am one sore lad indeed.

I Didn't Know You Could Hurt So Many Ways.  --RoadPain


No comments: