Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Record Store Day Today

Today marks the 17th anniversary of Record Store Day in the United States and in several other world countries.

This is a day to show our appreciation for independently-owned record stores, those great Mom and Pop stores.  

And, I am fortunate to have a lot of record stores in the area, starting with my favorite one and another one in McHenry, Illinois.  My favorite one also has one great name for this kind of place, The Vinyl Frontier at 4720 W. Elm Street (Illinois Highway 120).  Kind of tells it all.  Especially with the near extinction of vinyl records, you know, vinyl.

The other record store is Siren Records at 3902 Main Street in McHenry.  Then we have two more places called Reef Records in Antioch and Lakemoor.

I'm sure going to The Vinyl Frontier and plan on buying at least one LP and several CDs.  I actually like CDs better than LPs now.

I Good Day for the Cause.  --RoadRecord


No comments: