Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 4, 2009

JSS: Drinkin' Cheap-- Pesky Robin-- Good Ol' Analog

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. DRINKIN' CHEAP-- I like to drink, especially on the cheap. Today ranked about as cheap as you can get. Played NTN at Pug Mahone's in Fox Lake with Bill K and enjoyed $1 draft Coors Light. Then went to the American Legion and had 50 cent 10 oz. drafts. It would be hard to drink that cheap at home. And, at the Legion, they had 50 cent hot dogs with fresh cut tomatoes, onions, and relish.


2. PESKY ROBIN-- I finally had to take the robin's nest down from the top of the deck light. I had tried to scare them by showing myself by the window and sliding door, but, they kept coming back.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them having a nest there, but, this is the main way to walk out. Every time I've gone by in the past, Mama Robin had a fit and put up quite the commotion. One year, she even abandoned the nest, dooming the little birds.

Too bad she can't understand that I obviously intend her and her brood no harm. If I haven't done anything, I'm not likely to.


3. GOOD OL' ANALOG-- June 12th, analog TV, which I grew up with, is no more. I guess I should be happy as it was supposed to end back in February. We don't get Channel 26, WCIU, on cable and they show Sox and Cubs games. Tonight, the Cubs lead the Giants 3-0 after a two-run The Riot, Theriot, homer. Guess I'll have to figure out how to use the converter really soon.


Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: