Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

When Is It TOO Old to Rock and Roll?

The May 10th Chicago Tribune had an article by Mark Caro called "Too old to rock?".

He started off with the familiar words of the Who's Pete Townsend in "My Generation" in the sixties "Hope I die before I get old." Then, there was also Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones who once said, "I'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when I'm 45. He is turning 66 AND STILL singing it.

Not only are THEY getting old, but their fans are GETTING OLD as well. I like Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots show on Sunday mornings, but I could really do without all his birthdays. Since the show is sixties and seventies, those people are all in their late 50s and sixties, even seventies.

Who'd have figured that these folks would have lived so long, especially after all the excess back in the day. That one little year stretch back when Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix all died made me wonder if we'd lose them all, but, well, David Crosby and Keith Richards still live, and if they can make it, anybody should be able.

Talkin' 'Bout My Generation. --RoadDog

No comments: