Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Goodbye NTN as We Knew and Loved It

Liz and I are getting ready to go to Donovan's to play NTN one last time. That would be the NTN as we have always played and loved it. The NTN powers that be, in their infinite wisdom, are changing the basic format of the game to accomodate the twenty-something crowd, to make it more appealling to them.

AND, a LOT of us OLD-Timers are not happy at all about this.

The traditional Countdown games, our favorite, are to be gutted from 30 minutes to 15and from 15 questions to ten. Instead of giving clues to incorrect answers, they will now be eliminating wrong answers like they do in Wipe Out, which is not a favorite of ours.

I had stopped by Hello Folks in Fox Lake Saturday, and had no idea what was going on (first I'd heard about it). I was not impressed.

I figure I will play this new NTN for awhile to see if I like it. If I don't, and they won't change. that it will be it for me as far as playing it. At least i will have time to do other things.

Hopefully Not an End to NTN. --RoadDog

No comments: