Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 2, 2022

An Anniversary, Gas Gouge Continues, Pizza, Band and Bob Stroud Retires from Deejaying

MONDAY, JUNE 6

The anniversary of D-Day (June 6, 1944).

Went to Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg for the Monday beer special.

TUESDAY, JUNE 7

Met the Sunnyside folks at Granny's Diner in Johnsburg (right on the Fox River) for breakfast and did some shopping in McHenry.  I was shocked at gas gouge prices again which are now as high as $5.86 and $5.90.  But one place had an even more "reasonable" price of $5.51.  Curse you Big Oil GRBs for making me thing $5.51 was a good price.

Later met Sue and Paul (who I went with to the Indy 500) and Pete and Gail at Half-Times in Johnsburg for pizza and catching up.

Afterwards, Liz and I went over to the classic car show at the McHenry Moose Lodge and enjoyed the Rosie & the Rivets band playing oldies.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8

I was really sad to learn that one of my all-time favorite deejays, Bob Stroud was going to retire at the end of this month.  I've been listening to him a long time, the last 21 years of Chicago's WDRV, the Drive.  But, the good news is that it is only a semi-retirement as he will continue doing his Ten at Ten and One 45 at 1:45 shows Monday to Friday and his Rock and Roll Roots show on Sundays.

Gas in Twin Lakes was $5.20, so guess where I filled up?  Went to Donovan's Reef for trivia and then home.

--A Good Start to the Week.  --RoadDog


No comments: