Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

AFI's Top Ten Top Ten

A bit repetitive, but last night the American Film Institute ran their top ten movies of ten different genres. I didn't always agree with their picks and think they left some mighty good ones off the list, but, it was thought-provoking and always good to bring back memories.

I will write downs the ones I liked and make comments.

Epics

10. The Ten Commandments-- always liked the parting of the Red Sea
8. Saving Private Ryan-- The D-Day scenes alone
6. Titanic-- The sinking. I'm into sunken ships anyway.
4. Gone With the Wind-- I'm a big Civil War buff. The street scene with all those dead and wounded Confederates with the limp flag still gets me.
3. Schindler's List-- One man battling one of the worst things humans have ever done to each other.

#1 Lawrence of Arabia-- Haven't seen it, but definitely on my list of things to see.

Nothing Like a Good Old Epic. --RoadDog

No comments: