Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Did My Groundhog Thing

This being the Groundhog celebration and me living near Woodstock, Illinois, where the famous movie was filmed, I somewhat fully availed myself of it.

FEBRUARY 2ND--Thursday GROUNDHOG DAY

Drove to Woodstock in as heavy of a fog as I've ever seen. I wasn't much worried about Woodstock Willie, our resident groundhog and prognosticator seeing his shadow. I wasn't much sure that we would even be able to see him in all this fog. A bigger crowd than I've ever seen.

FEBRUARY 3RD-- FRIDAY

I was gong to go to the dinner dance at the Moose Lodge in Woodstock where they filmed the dance and bachelor auction, but decided not to go. Instead ended up at Stormy Monday, a new bar that just opened in the old Costello's where we used to hang out. Also went to the Mineola Hotel which dates back to the 1880s.


FEBRUARY 4TH-- SATURDAY

Went to Woodstock and saw the "Groundhog Day" movie on the big screen at the Woodstock Theatre (which was the Alpine Theater in the movie). Then walked around the square, got our groundhog cookie at the Swiss Miss (by where Needle Nose Ned accosted Phil) and got my eats at the chili cook off. Saw some of the movie site walk before coming home.

This 40 degree weather and sun sure brought out the most people I've ever seen.

Doing My Groundhog Thing. --RoadDog

No comments: