Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Wet and Heavy Snow, No Kidding!!

Headlines in today's Chicago Tribune. No kidding!!!

This was a particularly nasty storm that dumped between 6 and 8 inches of that wet, heavy white stuff on us here in northeast Illinois.

The snowmobilers were rejoicing. I could already hear their engines out roaring around this morning and just now when I went back out to move some more of the stuff.

AND, NOT ONE OF THOSE SNOWBILERS CAME OVER TO CLEAR MY SNOW OFF. THAT'S THE LEAST THEY COULD DO BEFORE THEY GO OUT AND HAVE THEIR FUN.

Last night, we lost electricity on three different occasions. The first time, the neighbors across the street still had theirs, something that really gets my goat. i was pleased when I saw they lost it he next time.

My poor little old snowblower once again found itself just about outclassed by the snow and it took extra long to clear it off. I lost count of how many times I had to stop and clear the snow out of the funnel thing. Fortunately, my across-the-street neighbor has a "big" snowblower and came over and helped with the stuff thrown up on the driveway by the snow plows. Now, you want to talk about heavy. (I didn't say anything about the electricity thing.)

I just went out to knock snow off the pine trees which were bending down real low. I now have something else I don't like to do in the yard. Nothing finer than getting face fulls of snow and pine needles.

Word to Snow. Go Somewhere Else. --RoadDog


WILL ROGERS SAYS: Snowmobilers should clear snow off the Dog's driveway and sidewalks before they go out and play. (Well, he should have said that.)

No comments: