Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Every Blooming THing: Late June: About That Monarch Butterfly and the Cicadas

Grass still growing fast as it has been fairly wet and cool around here.

Regular daisies are blooming.  I have been planting a lot of geraniums (bought on sale for 50 cents) as well as begonias (also on sale).  This is the time I start buying flowers when they put them on sale.  Begonias take care of themselves so I like them.

The landscapers have been over here twice in the last two weeks and have trimmed off branches in the two pine islands as well as the Back 40 and arboretum.  And, then there are all those weed trees they've cut down and yews they've trimmed.  

Sadly the burn pile that I worked so hard on this spring to burn it has gotten even bigger than it was this spring.  I'll be busy in the fall when I can burn again.

On Wednesday I had to delay going somewhere when I saw a monarch butterfly flitting about the thirty or so milkweed plants I have growing in my driveway culverts.  I hope it tells its buddies about it.  I miss those beautiful things.

I still come across a cicada every day, but fewer than before, plus the din off in the distance is lessening.

--RoadCada


No comments: