Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Playing With Cicadas

I sure can hear masses of cicadas off in the distance.  It is a regular roar.

Last Saturday I was doing yardwork around two trees in the front yard and came across one live cicada under the sunburst honey locust and two by the crabapple tree in the at the northwest corner of the house.

I'm afraid I wasn't the nicest host to my visitors.

They do not move fast and are easy to catch, especially since they don't try to fly away.  The one by the sunburst honeylocust did a lot of the clicking sound you hear and I would catch it by the wings and hold it up next to my ear and listen.

Sure glad they don't bite, but their legs are quite sticky.

I came across two of them by the crabapple tree.  One clicked and the other wouldn't.

Sure Gonna Miss the Little Critters When They're Gone.  Now, Who Am I Gonna Play With?

--RoadCada


No comments: