Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Where Were You May 6, 1974?-- Part 1

I remember I was finishing up my first year of teaching at John T, Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, and commuting from our apartment in Des Plaines in our trusty new Ford Pinto with the manual transmission.  Liz was still working at General Finance Corporation in Evanston next to Dyche Staidium.

Every Friday, I stopped at the Last Chance in Grayslake for a faculty get-together after school.  Sure glad the cops weren't so much into DUIs back then.

From Bob Stroud's Mat 6th Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp.

MOCKINGBIRD--  CARLY SIMON AND JAMES TAYLOR-- Very close, both humanely and musically.
LET IT RIDE--  BTO--  From the Great White North. (Canada, that is.)

FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY--  O'JAYS-- out of Philadelphia
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE--  REDBONE--  Redbone

BAND ON THE RUN--  PAUL McCARTNEY--  title track from his new album.
JET--  PAUL McCARTNEY--  falling down the charts

What People Will Do for the Love of .....  --RoadDog


OLDSTER BUMPER STICKERS:  I Don't Exercise: It Makes My Coffee Spill.

No comments: