Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

We Had Damage From Sunday's Storms


We saw all the warnings of possible dangerous weather, but went to Squaw Bar in Ingleside to watch the Bears game which had a two-hour delay because of the storms and went to overtime before the Bears won.

At one point, there came a huge gust of wind through the place and the trees out in the parking lot dropped quite a few limbs and twigs, causing me to move the car farther away.

When we came home, I looked outside, but in the dark, couldn't see anything. In the morning, I looked outside and my heart sank as I saw one of my favorite Bradford pear tree out in Frances' Back 40, broken off at the trunk and laying in the grass by the southeast corner of the yard.

I had planted the tree 19 years ago and it was just coming into its brilliant fall foliage of a crimson-red-gold, and now there it was. Liz then noticed that about a third of the Bradford pear tree by the back deck was also broken off. We figure they came down during that burst. Today, we noticed our neighbors across the street also had a tree partly down from Sunday's storm.

I'll sure be missing those trees.

So. We Had Damage, But At Least Just Strong Wind, Not Tornadoes. --RoadDog

No comments: