Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 13, 2013

I Was Busted About the Wedding Ring-- Part 2


OK, I wasn't going to tell Liz about the lost ring unless she brought it up. I was doing alright keeping my hands from view until the coaster incident Tuesday. Man, done in by those great tacos at Antonio's.

Actually, when I noticed I had lost the ring, I searched Mom's car from top to bottom in case the ring had slipped off there. Not there. When we returned from the beach to Goldsboro, I went to every place we had been and asked if anyone had turned a ring in. That would be the CVS store in Hamstead (newspaper and check gas cap because the Check Engine light had come on after we got gas), the Wendy's and Hess station in Castle Hayne (where we got gas and Frostees), Smithfield BBQ and Chicken (well, far be it for me to pass a BBQ place in NC) and my cousins' home in Warsaw and back in Goldsboro at the house and garage. But, no ring.

The manager at Smithfield's was quite upset that I might have lost the ring there and even asked for my phone number in case it was turned in. Without thinking, I gave him my home phone number in Illinois. Dumb move now that I think about it. Wonder who the person would be who would answer the phone and I don't want her to know about it.

A real good way to get busted.

OK, the Ring Was Officially Gone. Should I Tell Liz Or Not? --RoadDog

No comments: