Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

So Long Yogi

It was a sda thing tro learn this morning that baseball's Yogi Berra died yesterday at age 90.  he was born in 1925 and spent 19 years as a player, unfortunately mostly with the New York Yankees.  He is considered one of the greatest catchers in the history of MLB.

Elected to the Hall of Fame in 1972 and a 15-time All-Star, Yogi Berra compiled a lifetime .285 batting average, hit 358 home runs and had 1430 RBIs.  He was also a manager and coach.

He grew up in St. Louis.

Of course, he was noted for his unusual quotes and I absolutely loved him in the Lite Beer  and Aflac commercials.  That duck's expressions and head shaking while listening to Yogi speak on that barber chair is making me laugh right now.

I was intending to use these at the end of my first daily post on this blog, but I will just present my list now.

YOGI SAYS:

It's like deja vu all over again.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

You cab observe a lot by just watching.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

He hits from both sides of the plate.  He is amphibious.

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else.

A Classic.  --RoadDog


YOGI SAYS:  I really didn't say what I said.

No comments: