Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Every Blooming THing, Mid-May 2017


The lavender creeping phlox are in full bloom all over the yard as are a yellow perennial (I don't know the name of it, though).

The various hostas are either fully open or about to be.  The lilacs on the west side of the house are blooming.  The trees have all lost their blooms, but the sunburst honeylocusts in the front are about to leaf in that shot of yellow.

I am still busy raking leaves out of the flower beds and trimming off the branches of the Bradford pear tree that was blown down last fall and burning them.  Also, now is the time to trim all the burning bushes and I sure have a lot of them.  Trimming bushes is one of the hardest things I do in the yard.  Next week I start trimming the yews (and I have a lot of them also).

I have also been doing a whole lot of transplanting.

I have a good-sized crop of dandelions, but am working on them.

--Color All Season.  --RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.

No comments: