Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Seven Ways the Beatles Changed Boomer Childhood


Terri Hemmert, our Beatle enthusiast here in Chicago on WXRT, 93.1 FM, who has a show on Sundays from 8-10 am called Breakfast With the Beatles found this bit of information and passed it on to us.

1.  The Beatles made music a necessity.  (It sure did for me.  It had a huge impact on my life.)

2.  It displaced traditional childhood past times.  Like toys.  (Well, not really in my case.)

3.  The youngest Beatle fans started continually hanging out with older ones.  (Not me.)

4.  Children became aware of appearance and wanted to look cool.  (I didn't dare cross my parents in this situation.)

5.  They displaced traditional male role models.  (Like I said, I would not dare cross my dad.)

6.  Children became consumers when they became fans.  (To an extent.  I didn't have much money and my dad thought records were a waste of money. I didn't buy my first 45s until 1965, and even then, on the sly.)

7.  They created global and generational consciousness in younger boomers.  (There was no doubt but the Beatles were OUR music, not our parents.)

Something To Think About.  --RoadDog

EGGCELLENT  EASTER JOKES:  From April 2019 Wassup Magazine.    Q.  What does the Easter Rabbit get for making a basket?    A.  Two points just like everyone else.

No comments: