Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Going Back to 1974-- Part 1: "Any Major Dude Will Tell You"


On December 2, 2018, WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback featured the year 1974 and was hosted by Johnny Mars.

1974 was another busy year for me as I finished teaching my first year at Magee Middle School and started my second one.  We moved from our first apartment in Des Plaines, Illinois, to our second one in Vernon Hills, Illinois.  This one was about half way between where I worked in Round Lake and where Liz worked at General Finance Corporation in Evanston, Illinois.

I taught summer school at Grayslake High School.

We also started looking for an affordable house (and eventually moved into one in Round Lake Beach (for $33,000).

ROLL ON DOWN THE HIGHWAY--  Bachman Turner Overdrive
WALK ON--  Neil Young
ANY MAJOR DUDE WILL TELL YOU--  Steely Dan

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "We Rented A Truck And A Semi To Go."  Answer below.  RoadDog


"Roll On Down the Highway"


No comments: