Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Anybody Care to Go Back to 1973? Three Hours of Music from Fifty Years Ago on Chicago's WXRT

If you're like me, 1973 was a very important year.  The first half was a college year at NIU (they're playing "Two Hangmen" by Mason Profitt right now at 9:09 AM) and then I graduated, got married, bought my first car and started my one and only job teaching.  You might say it was quite a year for me.

Anyway, right now, Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM is doing their weekly Saturday Morning Flashback to this year.  It streams, so check it out until noon, CDST.

***********************

I also wrote down every song they played in my RoadDog's RoadLog Blog.  Check them out.

***********************

Also, if you're into Beach Music, WVCO, the Surf 94.9 FM,  in South Carolina is having the Beach Music Top Twenty songs ftrom now until noon EDST.

Tomorrow, Terri Hemmert has her Breakfast With the Beatles show on WXRT from 8 to 10 AM and Bob Stroud does his Rock and Roll Roots show from 9 to noon CDST on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM.  The show features music from the 1960s and 1970s.  All shows stream.

Lots of Great Music to Listen To.  --RoadMusic


No comments: