Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Dastardly Attack of the Bees

It's beginning to look like the yard is definitely out to get me. Several years ago it was my left eye, and in June it was the thumb. Friday, I was stung at least four times by a band of rogue bees, simply because I dusturbed their nest while pulling weeds out by the arboretum.

Earlier, I had dusturbed a smaller one, but fortunately, had gotten out of line of sting before it was too late. This time, the first indication I had were two stabs of pain in my leg. I immediately retreated, but was stung again on the arm.

That was enough pain for me, so I moved all the way to the house, where I heard buzzing near my head and then pain in my neck. One of the little varmints had followed me. Then, it had the gall to chase after me. Whereupon I beat a hasty retreat inside. Already, I have to watch out for bees, yellow jaclets, bumble bees, and wasps on the rose of sharons, goldenrod, and sedum. Now this.

During the 15 years we've lived out here in Spring Grove, Illinois, I have only been stung four times!!!

Like They Say, You Bees, Payback's a ______. --RoadDog

No comments: