Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Aye, 'Tis a Beach Life for Me-- Part 6

And, speaking of beaches, we then took a walk around the Carolina Beach boardwalk area, which to me refers to all the pedestrian-only streets down by where the old wooden boardwalk used to be.  Parking on the streets and in some lots is available all the time AND FREE!!  Hard to believe there would be free parking at the beach like that.  Try to get that at a big beach in FLA.

Sad to see that the old bumper cars are now gone as is the old Landmark restaurant right at what is considered to be the heart of CB.  We need to bring those back.  I used to inflict a lot of pain to others in those bumper cars, especially on my brother Bob and sister Julie.  However, my students paid me back in full at Great America in Gurnee in Illinois, when I made the mistake of going out and immediately became the target of everyone of the little imps.  I was actually sore when I got off.

I  had bought an Arcadia book at Fort Fisher featuring postcards of Carolina Beach from the early 1900s to 1960s with a lot of history.  This beach has been important to my family dating all the way back to when my grandparents had that pre-Hazel cottage and then, we still spent a lot of weeks there during summers in rented cottages and even camped out several times at a campground at Snow's Cut (which connects the Cape Fear River with the sounds along the coast as part of the Intercoastal waterway).

More to Come.  --RoadDog


YOU CAN RETIRE TO CALIFORNIA WHERE you will know how to eat an artichoke.

No comments: