Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cousin Joe Comes for a Visit-- Part 2

I had to take a Bob (nap) when I got back as we had talked until 1 AM this morning (Oct. 6th), much past my bedtime at 11 PM.  Then, I had gotten up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Joe slept until 9 AM.  I sure wish I could sleep that late.

We dropped Liz off at Captain's Quarters for the Chain Crawl Final Party and we took a ride around Fox Lake, stopping a various points to look across it.  Went by the boat (but not out for a cruise as it was VERY COLD).

Dinner was Taco Bell-Long John Silver's.  Then we went to Fox Lake's Oktoberfest which is getting to be like the Round Lake spring carnival.  Whenever they have it you can count on lousy weather.  I mean, it was c-o-l-d!!!  We saw the New Invaders do two sets outside, but would beat a hasty retreat inside as soon as they would stop to warm up.  Kind of reminded me of some of those April and May baseball games out at Comiskey Park in Chicago where I would have to thaw out in the bathrooms which were heated.

I have seen the New Invaders several times and they always put on a great show playing that sixties music.  A lot of talent there.  We think there was a female singer, but she was so bundled up, it was hard to tell.  Joe sure knows his 60s music.  We talked about how he got me to liking the Mothers of Invention and I got him into Chicago, or Chicago Transit Authority,as they were called back then.

Then, we went over to Captain's Quarters and saw a couple sets by Sucker Punch before going home.

We watched that great NC State victory over Run-Up-the-Score Floida State downstairs at the Margaritaville Bar.

Good to Get Caught Up With What Is Going On With Joe.  --RoadDog

No comments: