Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Why It Takes So Long to Do These Dumb Blogs

Well, one thing leads to another.

In connection with son Al's death, I went to You Tube.  It is always a mistake to go to You Tube as that usually is a three hour layover.  One thing leads to another.  I hate those video offerings on the right side.  Takes up a lot of time.

Anyway, with Alfons being such a Cub fan, I looked up Steve Goodman's "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request" on You Tube and found one of him playing on one of the famous rooftop places across from Wrigley Field's left field.  It was six minutes of Steve playing a guitar and singing the song.  I have to wonder how he remembered all those words.  Great video.

Then, there was one of him playing my favorite country song, "You Never Even Call Me By My Name" made ever-so-famous by David Allan Coe and also called "The Perfect Country and Western Song" which is what I called it when I played it back in the deejaying days.  Always a great sing-a-long, especially when you hit that one part.  Well, Steve did not sing that "one part" the way we've always heard it.

Then, there was that great "Lincoln Park Pirates" and "City of New Orleans" of Goodman's.

Unfortunately, Steve Goodman said he co-wrote "Name" with John Prine, well, that took more time.  I'm a big Prine fan as well.

So, That's Why?  --RoadDog


ANSWERS TO MONDAY'S WHICH CAME FIRST:  Teddy Bear (1902), Ragedy Ann Doll (1918), Yo-Yo (1929), Frisbee (1957)

No comments: