Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where Were You July 7, 1973?-- Part 1: Getting Ready to Marry


Sunday, Bob Stroud played the second installment of his Summer Trip back to 1973 on his WDRV show, Rock and Roll Roots.

I'll be listing the songs, but leaving the comments out because of the paragraph problem where skipped lines don't count anymore. 

Back on July 7, 1973, I was either driving a van back and forth from Sheraton Inn-Walden in Schaumburg, Illinois, a job I had taken while looking for a real job or working as an assistant manager at Bonanza Sirloin Pit in Buffalo Grove (I eventually gave up looking for a teaching job.)

I also might have had my three-day career as a mover, which ended when the truck I was working on was moving a printing company in Chicago and we were taking a particularly heavy piece of machinery over a gangplank when it broke, sending us and a several ton machine about six feet down. You never saw so much "air-swimming" as the four of us were doing to avoid having that fall on us. 

That was my last day at that job. Good pay ($10 an hour), but really, really hard work and dangerous, obviously.)

Keeping It Shorter Than Unsual Because of the Paragraph Problem. --RoadDog

No comments: