Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 13, 2013

NC Bound Fall 2013: September 6th-- Part 1


Took the usual way to avoid the Chicago Hassle, Il-47 from Woodstock to Champaign and then I-74 into Indiana and I-70 east to Columbus. Stopped at Boz Hot Dogs in Morris, Illinois, a place I've always wanted to eat. Good hot dogs.

Then, stopped at the Ambler-Becker gas station in Dwight for my taste of Route 66. Got gas at the Pilot station east of Crawfordsville, Indiana, the cheapest I had seen at $3.50 a gallon.

All the traffic you could ever want on I-465 bypass going south around Indianapolis. They have I-65 and I-70 torn up going through town What a mess!!! Backed up for miles and miles. I have to figure out a way to avoid the city on my way back.

Clear sailing I-70 going east, despite lots of areas of construction. Had my usual Cincy chili at Skyline Chili by Dayton, then drove to London, hoping this was not an Ohio State home game weekend. It wasn't fortunately, so no problem getting a room at the Motel 6.

Things Along This Route Starting to Look Familiar. --RoadDog

No comments: