Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Flashback to 1968-- Part 2

the fall of 1968, I was sports editor of the Palatine High School student newspaper, the Cutlass, and reporting the football games and having a great time.  My freshman year in the fall of 1965, our team was undefeated, but we had two big-time losing seasons after that.  Evidently, a lot of local high schools thought we were going to be bad again, so we ended up playing a lot of homecoming games.

However, we ended up with a 7-2 record, losing only to Wheeling and arch-rival Arlington.  We really messed up quite a few homecomings.  So sad.  Serves them right.

PICTURES OF MATCHSTICK MEN--  Status Quo
LIVING IN THE USA--  Steve Miller Band
I GOT THE FEELING--  James Brown

STREET FIGHTING MAN--  Rolling Stones
GREEN TAMBOURINE--  Lemon Pipers
SWEET BLINDNESS--  Laura Nyro

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE--  Marvin Gaye
MAGIC BUS--  Who
MIGHTY QUINN--  Manfred Mann

HELLO IT'S ME--  Nazz
ROCK MY PLIMSOUL--  Jeff Beck
THE WEIGHT--  Band  (One of my all-time favorites.  I've even "attempted" to sing it at karaoke.)


Bet You're Wondering How I Knew."  --RoadDog


SAY WHAT?  "Put through the wringer."  Before the spin cycle, you know.



No comments: