Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

T-Giving 2015-- Day 2

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH.

Had a good breakfast at the Days Inn (hot oatmeal and cheese omelet) and hit the road.  Sadly, I should have bought gas last night when it was $1.66 on our side of I-70.  This morning the price was up to $1.90.  Thanksgiving driving, you know.

Easy ride through to Columbus, Ohio, and even got through the it with no problem, even though it was still rush hour.  Took US-33 through Athens, Ohio, home of Ohio University.  I was polite, even though they were the ones who beat us last night.  Had we won, we would have been in the MAC championship game in Detroit on December 4th aqgainst Bowling Green.

Then, I-77 through West Virginia where the traffic picked up quite a bit.  We had a huge backup at the first toll booths on the West Virginia Turnpike but after that that, the other two tolls weren't bad.  I got off at the Virginia welcome center and got my usual sample of Virginia peanuts.  These are the best peanuts in the world in my humble opinion.  This is always a necessary stop for me.

--RoadDog

No comments: