Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 25, 2015

A Good Christmas Eve

Yesterday, I took the empty key back to the liquor store and got my $40 deposit back.  Then I went to Menard's and Home Depot and bought some 50% off lights.  I came home and put two strands up and then found I had to replace an outdoor timer on the deck.

We drove over to McHenry Savings Bank to see the miniature train display, but they had already closed.  We then went to Windhill Pancake Parlor in McHenry for lunch and were the last ones in there as they were closing early for Christmas Eve.  Great pot roast and, of course, these folks really go above and beyond when it comes to Christmas lights and decorations.

We also drove by the PLAV building (Polish Legion of American Veterans) and were happy to see the outside bar lights on.  The place had caught fire Mother's Day 2014.  Talked with Jerry and were given a tour of the place.  They've only been open since Monday.

Last stop was at Sunnyside Tap in Johnsburg.

We drove around a couple neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights, including ours.  Even if I do say so, our house is right up there with the best.  Came inside and just had to watch one whole complete showing of my all-time favorite Christmas movie, "A Christmas Story."  I love the marathon on TNT.  I've been watching parts of it off and on today and will watch it one more time.

A Good Christmas Eve.  --RoadDog

No comments: