Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

T-Giving 2015, Day 2: Still In Traffic

November 25th.

I was happy to find traffic on I-40 was heavy, but moving along nicely.  I even got into the dreaded Raleigh-Durham Strangler and it moved along.  Usually the stoppage starts at RDU Airport, but it was clear sailing.

Unfortunately, I started seeing the flashing signs saying that there were big delays east of Raleigh between Exits 299 and 311. That was an understatement.  This was the worst traffic jam I've ever been in.  I'd go two feet and stop and repeat and repeat and so on for miles.

It got much worse whenever other major feeder roads dumped into I-40.  It took me an hour and a half to go four-five miles.  There was also road construction, making it worse.

I finally was able to get off on Business US-70 through Clayton and actually moved until I hit a mile long backup at the first stop light.  Clayton truly deserves the name City of Stoplights and it was great when a bypass was built around it.

However, after that long wait, and that was still better than that mess on I-40, I made most all the rest of the stoplights on green and made the rest of the drive to Goldsboro, N.C. with no problems.

Definitely Not driving Distances on Day Before Thanksgiving Anymore.  --RoadDog


No comments: