Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

T-Giving 2015-- Day 2: More Fun and Games in Winston-Salem

November 25th

Usually US-52 between Mt. Airy and Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is not a bad drive as far as traffic.  And, it is a limited access highway and slated to become an interstate in the future (either I-72 or I-74).  But half way between the two, traffic picked up considerably until we had solid traffic but at least we were moving along well.

Then we got to Winston-Salem where we came to a complete stop and extremely slow-going after that.  I usually take US-421 eastward from the downtown area of the city and I got off only to find it was even worse than US-52.  They weren't going anywhere.  After awhile I was able to get back on US-52, only heading the wrong way.  I went north for awhile before finding an opportunity to get off and back on to 52 going the right way.

Traffic was heavy and moving slow, but at least it was moving.  This time I drove south to I-40 and by now i was expecting the absolute worst as I-40 has a lot of traffic at all times and I imagined it definitely would be today, the day before Thanksgiving.

Maybe It Is a Mistake to Drive Anywhere the Day Before Thanksgiving.  --RoadDog

No comments: