Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 12, 2016

North Carolina Summer 2016-- Part 12: On the Way Home

July 31, Sunday.

US-70 to Raleigh and then I-40.  Doing this on a Sunday means there is no traffic jams.  Got off on US-421 and stopped at a Cook-Out restaurant which has a really good Carolina bbq, slaw, fries and hush puppies for $3.99.  Good deal.

Then US-52 to I-77 and gas and Chocolate Uglys at Wytheville.  Gas now $1.87.  I always love gas under $2.  Experienced long back ups at the first two toll booths heading north on the West Virginia Turnpike and just plain heavy traffic.  Sunday must be a big travel day in the state.  Then I hit quite a long traffic stop a few miles outside of Charleston.  Never did see why we had that backup.

I-77 north to US-33 and then into Ohio.  Stopped at a place I've been meaning to stop at in Logan, Ohio, called Millstone BBQ.  I'll definitely stop again..

I-70 through Columbus to Motel 6 in Richmond, Indiana, for the night.

A Traveling, Eating Kind of Day.  --RoadDog

OH HELL! ... Let's Offend Everybody:  What is the difference between a southern zoo and a northern zoo?  Answer:  The southern zoo has a description of the animal along with a recipe.

Sorry If You're Offended, But These Are Funny.


No comments: