Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

N.C. Fall 2016: Day 1: The Usual

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

I have been driving this route so often, especially since Mom died in June, that things are starting to get very familiar.  I went to N.C. in June, July and now September.

After doing some last minute things on the internet, watering inside plants (primarily because for the life of me I couldn't remember if I'd done it yesterday or not) and packing, I left.  As usual, some small roads out to Ill-120, to Woodstock, then Illinois-47 to Mahomet.

I stoped in Dwight to eat at Hardee's and Mahomet at the BP.  Then I-74 the Crawfordsville Pilot station for gas, then to Indy and through it on I-70.  Usual stop  in Ohio at welcome center for motel coupon magazines and Englewood for Skyline Chili fix.

Drove to Columbus to Zanesville and stopped for the night at the Super 8.

--RoadDog

No comments: