Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

N.C. Fall 2016-- Part 5: Not As Much Damage As I Thought

SEPTEMBER 23, FRIDAY

I was very happy to see nothing but a few puddles in the lower level of the condo when I opened it.  I got a shop vac and sucked up the puddles in both Mom's and Vicki's place next door to us.

Went to the Jolly Roger Pier for a really good breakfast with Anthony and his granddaughter and friend.  Much less work on the lower level than I had anticipated, so I got to enjoy the beach today.  Did my usual wading and collecting shells and "lima bean" stones.

Went to the Topsail Town hall to pay the water and garbage bill and then Godwin's, one of the earliest businesses in Topsail Beach and still operating and looking like it did in the late 1940s when the area was opened to the public.  Before that it had been used for the U.S. missile and rocket testing program.

Towers from it and the Assembly Building still stand.

--RoadDog

MALE POINT SYSTEM:  You make the bed (+1)
You make the bed, but forget to add the decorative pillows (0)
You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets (-1)

No comments: