Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 14, 2017

JSS: "Bad Moon Rising"-- Brave Combo-- Polka and Zydeco


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  "BAD MOON RISING"--  Sitting here a-typin' away with my two little fingers and WXRT, 93.1 FM in Chicago is playing "Bad Moon Rising" at 8:04 a.m..  I reached for my flip-phone, thinking perhaps I had a call as it is my ringtone.  But, the phone was upstairs.  I usually don't have it with me.

Of course, Creedence Clearwater Revival is my favorite group from the late 60s early 70s.

2.  BRAVE COMBO--  I was reading an article about FitzGerald's in Berwyn, Illinois, being for sale after being open for almost 40 years.  It is the home of Americana Music and, sad to say, since it is so far away, I've never been there.

But, they mentioned one band that plays there regularly, Brave Combo, and described them as a polka-rock band.  With that description, I just had to give that description I just had to give them a listen.

As soon as I got downstairs to the ole 'pute, I went to Good Ol' You Tube and am listening to them right now.  Great band!!  Reminds me a lot of The Happy Schnapps Combo and the DeKalb Footstompers.  Happy Schnapps Combo had a big hit called "No, I Don't Wanna DoDat" on Dr. Demento.  Their music is described as "Polka On Acid."  Check 'em out on You Tube.

3.  POLKA AND ZYDECO  --  Let's face it, Polka is real fun music.  You ever watch people when a polka song comes on?  Lots of smiling faces and then there is the movement, whether their dancing or not.  Same with zydeco music.  When we used to go to Summerfest in Milwaukee, you could always tell where the zydeco bands were as that is where you'd see everyone smiling and moving.

Serbian Heat As Brave Combo Calls Their Music.   --RoadCombo


No comments: