Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Doing My Bit for the Veterans and Marines


What with the USMC birthday yesterday and Veterans Day today, I have been busy.

SATURDAY, NOV. 4

I attended the USMC birthday/Toys for Tots breakfast at the Fox Lake, Illinois, American Legion (See the Tom Grosvenor posts in this blog).  Later, in the afternoon, Liz and went to the Legion to see a band.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1O

Since this was the Marine Corps' 242nd birthday, I posted about the Marines to all seven blogs.

I went to the flag-raising for Lance Corporal Matthew S. Medlicott at Waukegan, Illinois, High School.  He was killed in Iraq in 2007.

I also saw the movie "Thank You for Your Service" at Fox Lake Theater.  This was a hard movie about problems soldiers faced with PTSD on their return to civilian life after posting to the Middle East.  Later, we met the Usual Suspects at the Legion for the 50-59.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11

Since this is Veterans Day, I posted about veterans on all seven blogs.  (Yesterday, I posted about the Marines on all seven blogs.

I went to the 11 a.m. ceremony at the Fox Lake train station honoring veterans, complete with speeches and a 21 gun salute.  Later tonight we will go to the Legion for the Lakes Area Swing band show with all that great World War II Big Band/Swing music.

Can't Do Enough For Our Veterans.  --RoadDog

No comments: