Thursday, November 8, 2018
WLS Top 40 for November 4, 1968-- Part 5: "Piece of My Heart"
20. HI HEEL SNEAKERS-- Feliciano #25 Jazz it up, Jose. His follow up to his biggest hit, "Light My Fire."
19. BANG-SHANG-A-LANG-- Archies #22 Their first hit. More great Bubble Gum Music (one of four Bubble Gum songs in the top 40). Try not to tap your feet to this one. Studio group. Their biggest hit was "Sugar, Sugar."
18. HEY, WESTERN UNION ME-- Jerry Butler #16 Went to #1 on R&B chart. Pure Ice from the Man. Chicago's Ice Man Cometh. What's a telegram?
17. QUICK JOEY SMALL-- Kastentz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus #25 One-Hit Wonder. Another Bubble Gum song. Check out the funny video. Is that Charlie Chaplin? Just 2:24. They consisted of members of 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express and Music Explosion.
16. PIECE OF MY HEART-- Big Brother & the Holding Company #12 Their biggest hit. Who's doing the singing?
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "That Is What I Want You To Say." Answer below. --RoadDog
IT'S ALL IN A NAME: A lawyer's son named Will.
"Hey Western Union Man"