Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 30, 2020

Good Things Coming Out of the Coronavirus (or "V" As I Call It)


Whenever something bad happens to me or people in general, I always like to think of "Good" things that come out of it.  And, believe it or not,with all this weirdness, I can see some good things.

**  First is that the dastardly attacks on poor Confederacy seem to have stopped.  Even Virginia has found a bigger enemy.  As such, I have put my Civil War II blog on hiatus until the attacks begin again.

**  Also, the number of shootings and killings in Chicago has dropped as well.

**  Also, we are not having a zombie apocalypse either.

********************************

SOME PERSONAL GOOD THINGS

**  I am getting caught up on the piles of mail that have taken over the kitchen counters.

**  I have more time now that we aren't going out to the bars, which we do really too much anyway.  That takes a good 4-5 hours a day.

**  I haven't had alcohol (usually beer) since the day after St. Patrick's Day.  Never hurts to take a break.

And, There Are More Things As Well.  --RoadDog

LAUGHTER HELPS WITH THE "V.":  "My habit of shooting finger guns as a greeting doesn't seem so dorky now, does it?"

By the way, these funnies are compliments of Eric Zorn's column in the March 25, 2020, Chicago Tribune  "Laughter is no vaccine, but in tough times it can be the best medicine."  Right, Eric!!



No comments: