Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 10, 2021

JSS: Gone But Not Forgotten-- Still Choppin'-- If We Could Just Get Snow To...

JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN--  At 9 am today, CST, Bob Stroud is going to have his annual Gone But Not Forgotten Salute on his Rock and Roll Roots show on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM, The Drive.  It streams and goes to noon.  Of course, I have written about most if not all of these artists in this blog, but Bob always has interesting things to say about them and, of course, plays a song or two by them.

I don't know, but this year, two shows might be needed.  Quite a few deaths.

Worth a listen.

2.  STILL CHOPPIN'--  And are my arms, shoulders and especially my wrists really sore.  That snow we got last week was really heavy and between just the regular amount of it on the driveway and especially that huge amount deposited at the foot of it by the street, my poor little snow blower was completely outgunned.  

As a result, I have been out chopping ice most every day so far this week.

3.  IF WE COULD JUST GET SNOW TO...    If we could just get snow to stop falling on driveways, sidewalks, streets and roads, I would be a big fan of it.  But never when I have to deal with it.  It's really pretty on the yards and bushes this time of the year.  And, of course there are those times where the snow attaches itself to trees and bushes that are unbelievably pretty.  I call it "Nature's Done Been Painting."

Or, I wouldn't mind it if those folks who really love winter would come over and clear my driveway and sidewalks before they go out and have fun in it, I'd definitely be okay with that.  But, whenever I ask a skier or snowmobiler to do that, I just get a blank stare and sometimes a "kind" word or two.

Snowy, Snowy.  Stay Off My Stuff!!  --RoadDog

STUDENT TEST ANSWERS:  The people of India are divided into casts and outcasts.


No comments: